In 2017/18 we have been providing capacity building support to Aboriginal organisations across the NT. Directors and senior staff identified their priority governance and management needs which became our Joint Governance & Management Plan to achieve during the course of our MoU. Our support sites are:
- Adjumarllarl Aboriginal Corporation (Gunbalanya, West Arnhem Land)
- Deewin Kirim Aboriginal Corporation (Peppimenarti)
- Jilkminggan Community Aboriginal Corporation (Roper Gulf)
- Mimal Land Management Aboriginal Corporation (Weemol)
- Mutitjulu Community Aboriginal Corporation (Central).
In 2014-16 we began a trial of providing tailored support for up to 12 months to a number of Aboriginal organisations across the NT which had put up their hand to receive support. Directors and senior staff identified their priority governance and management needs and we worked with them to address these needs. While there, we conducted action-research to help demonstrate change and strong ways of working. The demonstration site organisation we supported were:
- Palngun Wurnangat Aboriginal Corporation (Wadeye)
- Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation (Yuendumu, Central)
- Thathangathay Foundation (Wadeye)
- Yuendumu Women's Centre (Central).