In 2017/18 we have been providing capacity building support to Aboriginal organisations across the NT. Directors and senior staff identified their priority governance and management needs. These priorities, and the actions agreed upon to address them, formed our Joint Governance & Management Plan to achieve during the course of our MoU.
Our support sites are:
- Adjumarllarl Aboriginal Corporation (Gunbalanya, West Arnhem Land)
- Deewin Kirim Aboriginal Corporation (Peppimenarti)
- Jilkminggan Community Aboriginal Corporation (Roper Gulf)
- Mimal Land Management Aboriginal Corporation (Weemol)
- Palngun Wurnangat Aboriginal Corporation (Wadeye)
- Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation (Yuendumu, Central)
- Thathangathay Foundation (Wadeye)
- Yuendumu Women's Centre (Central).
From 2014 to 2016 we began a trial of providing tailored support for up to 12 months to selected NT Aboriginal organisations which had put up their hand to receive support. Directors and senior staff identified their priority governance and management needs and we worked with them to address these needs. During the course of the support we conducted action-research to demonstrate change, successes and strong ways of working at each place.