We provide capacity building support to selected Aboriginal organisations [support sites] across the NT, assisting directors and senior management to identify their priority governance and management needs. These priorities, and the actions agreed upon to address them, are central to an agreed Joint Governance & Management Plan, underpinned by an MOU outlining how we will work together.
In the current financial year, the following sites have been selected:
- Amanbidji Aboriginal Corporation
- Bagot Aboriginal Corporation
- Aputula Aboriginal Corporation
- Yalu Aboriginal Corporation
- Imanpa Development Association
- Deewin Kirim Aboriginal Corporation
- Adjumarllarl Aboriginal Corporation
- Jilkminggan Community Aboriginal Corporation
- Mimal Land management Aboriginal Corporation
Our previous support sites:
- Adjumarllarl Aboriginal Corporation (Gunbalanya, West Arnhem Land)
- Deewin Kirim Aboriginal Corporation (Peppimenarti)
- Jilkminggan Community Aboriginal Corporation (Roper Gulf)
- Mimal Land Management Aboriginal Corporation (Weemol)
- Palngun Wurnangat Aboriginal Corporation (Wadeye)
- Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation (Yuendumu, Central)
- Thathangathay Foundation (Wadeye)
- Yuendumu Women's Centre (Central).
From 2014 to 2016 we began a trial of providing tailored support for up to 12 months to selected NT Aboriginal organisations which had put up their hand to receive support. Directors and senior staff identified their priority governance and management needs and we worked with them to address these needs. During the course of the support we conducted action-research to demonstrate change, successes and strong ways of working at each place.