2017 Forum Report Released
We are pleased to announce the release of the 2017 AGMP Innovating to Succeed Forum Report. The report includes presenter case study summaries, participant analysis, a copy of the program and presenter biographies from the day, held on 3 March at the Alice Springs Convention Centre.
We thank our presenter organisations for reviewing and contributing to their written case study summaries. Each of these is a good news story in itself showcasing an NT Aboriginal organisation’s good governance practice.
As Program Manager, Wes Miller, explains, ‘There are so many examples to draw on, it’s important to get these stories out to others in the sector, the government, and into the wider public domain.’
We also extend our thanks to everyone who came along and made the day a success.
Participants told us that the forum had been well worth the investment in time and costs and many said they would attend future AGMP events, commenting that the combination of high calibre speakers and a thoughtful, committed participant group truly made the day a success.
The forum’s message to all participants is that innovation and working to make great ideas a reality is achievable, you just need the right tools to get there. As one forum participant explained, ‘the breadth of work being done and the sheer force, patience and passion of individuals and organisations to achieve it is incredible.’
The full report is available for download here.
Thank you to the following organisations for their case studies contained in the report:
- Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation on Transitioning to self determination
- Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation on Best practice arrangements for the induction of a new CEO
- Palngun Wurnangat Aboriginal Corporation on How the T-House is transforming the cultural, social and economic dynamics of Wadeye
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress Aboriginal Corporation on Board structures and the value of independent directors
- Central Land Council Community Development Program on Successful strategies to enhance engagement and informed decision making of local communities and governance groups.