Who we are
We are a not-for-profit Aboriginal agency devoted to governance and management support specific to the NT, with a focus on remote communities. With decades of experience in indigenous affairs our small team brings trust and credibility, keys to success in the bush.
Our small but experienced team is:
- Wes Miller, Program Manager
- Sarah Lacy, Senior Project Officer (part time)
- Aimon Riyana, Program Support Officer (part time)
- Laurie Berryman, Senior Project Officer
We are guided by a 10-member steering committee of high level representatives which meets at least four times a year with representation from:
- 3 senior officers of APO NT member organisations
- 2 representatives from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- 1 representative from the NT Office of Aboriginal Affairs
- 1 independent governance expert
- 1 representative of corporate Australia, currently Macquarie Group
- 1 representative from the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations.
Aboriginal Peak Organisations Northern Territory (APO NT)
We are Aboriginal-controlled, sitting under the APONT alliance and reporting to CEOs of the alliance organisations.
APO NT is an alliance comprising the Central Land Council (CLC), Northern Land Council (NLC), and the Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance NT (AMSANT).
The alliance was created to provide a more effective response to key issues of joint interest and concern affecting Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory, including providing practical policy solutions to government.
Find out more at the APO NT website.